You’re gonna love this.
It’s winter in Melbourne. And lemons and passionfruit are in season. That can only mean lots of comfort food cooking with beautiful lemony everything. Lemon chicken, lemon pudding and lovely lemon loaf. Yum.
If you’re looking for a really great recipe for a lovely moist lemon loaf then this is the one. Add passionfruit to the glaze and my secret ingredient…coconut cream and you have all the lovely sunshine of the Pacific included. This lovely loaf looks, smells and tastes amazing. Totally mouthwateringly good.
This recipe is super simple and tastes so good, it’s my go to loaf recipe. If you don’t have fresh passionfruit, use tinned pulp if you like or simply make just a lemon coconut loaf. That works just as good but yes you can’t beat the tropical scent of passionfruit. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 125 g butter cubed
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut cream combined with 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups self raising flour sifted
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- lemon juice
- 1 passionfruit
- Preheat oven to 175 C and grease and line a 20cm loaf tin. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and coconut cream mixture and mix until just combine. Pour batter into a prepared loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle returns clean.
- To make glaze, heat lemon juice, passionfruit pulp and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir and bring to the boil then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Drizzle glaze over cooked loaf and allow to cool in tin.