A summer meal that’s good for you, super delicious and no cooking involved. Umm bonus!
What can I say. It’s a salad full of good healthy ingredients, yes. But it has all the flavours we love and it’s completely satisfying. Perfect for an easy summer lunch or a light dinner with some potato salad or crusty bread, this is a simple, light dish that is packed full of flavour.
- 2 small cos lettuces (or 1 large iceberg lettuce)
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1-2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely sliced
- 370g can Tuna
- Salt & pepper to season
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 small red chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (1-2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Make the Miti dressing by combining coconut milk,chilli & lemon juice and onion in a small container. Season with half of the salt, taste and adjust by adding more lemon or salt. Set aside for at least 15 minutes for the flavours to fully develop.
- Prepare the salad. Wash the lettuces, dry or spin the water off and shred leaving a handful of the outer leaves and the inner leaves for garnishing. Arrange in a large salad bowl, adding the sliced cucumbers, chopped tomatoes and sliced onion. Drain canned tuna and carefully flake onto the salad. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with Miti coconut sauce and serve.
- Perfect with potato salad or crusty bread.
The Miti dressing is a must for summer barbecues in my opinion as it marries so well with so many meat and fish dishes. Fresh coconut cream is best but a lovely quality coconut milk like Kara Coconut Milk works just as well. Chill your sauce for at least 15 minutes or longer if you can as this will give it more time for the flavours to fully develop.
Enjoy and share!